"Adopt a turtle" compaign
We are organizing a "Adopt Water Turtle" campaign, which aims to find a warm home for pond sliders, which we do not have the opportunity to keep in the museum. Currently, the turtles that need a new home are 5 and all are about 20 cm long. Those wishing to get a new pet can contact us to clarify the details.
In case after a while you do not want or can no longer take care of the turtle, contact us again. Just don't release it in the river! Pond sliders are an alien species that is beginning to displace native species of freshwater turtles from their only home!
Here are some tips for raising these unpretentious and cute pets:
1. It is good to put the turtle in an aquarium that has a dry part, it is called an aqua terrarium.
2. All the water in the aquarium shouldn’t be changed, it is necessary to replace only one third of it, and only after the new water has stayed overnight.
3. It is good for the turtle to receive daylight, if not, to be placed with a UV lamp.
4. The turtle's menu includes boiled liver, hard-boiled egg yolk, finely chopped boiled meat, fish, dried insects.
5. The pond slider can be bred alone, but will feel better if it lives in the company of a representative of its own species.
6. The recommended temperature of the water in the aquarium is over 20 degrees.
For more information: email@example.com